One of the joys of preparing an annual report is that it gives us the opportunity to look back and be thankful for all that has been accomplished. The past fiscal year we experienced Hurricane Harvey, that caused catastrophic damages, and flooding that shutdown Houston and surrounding areas. Solel International took charge and created opportunities and overcame many challenges.
Some of the highlights were:
- Hurricane Harvey volunteers services, support, and contributions.
- Solel International and Launch Point Food and Clothes drive.
- Served 123 unduplicated clients and 56 duplicated clients in the North Houston/ North Forest Community.
- Facilitated psycho-educational, fitness, youth development after-school programs to 236 at-risk students at the elementary, middle and high schools.
- Provided food and clothing for Thanksgiving and Hurricane Harvey assistance to over 500 individuals.
- Provided free individual counseling
- Legal counsel to 32 individuals
- OPERATING AND LEGAL COUNSELING SERVICES MANAGEMENT AND GENERAL EXPENSES
unduplicated clientS IN THE North Houston/ North Forest COMMUNITY
duplicated CLIENTS IN THE North Houston/ North Forest COMMUNITY
EX-OFFENDERS IMPACTED IN 2017
AT RISK STUDENTS AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND OPEN COMMUNITY EVENTS
PEOPLE RECEIVED INKIND HELP FROM SOLEL INTERNATIONAL
- SERVED 350 UNDUPLICATED CLIENTS AND 1000 DUPLICATED CLIENTS IN THE SUPER NEIGHBORHOOD OF 47 AND 48 COMMUNITY.
- FACILITATED PSYCHO-EDUCATIONAL, FITNESS, YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS TO 900 AT RISK STUDENTS AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND OPEN COMMUNITY EVENTS.
- PROVIDED FOOD, CLOTHING, CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE TO 350 INDIVIDUALS.
- PROVIDED FREE INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING, LEGALCOUNSEL TO 100 INDIVIDUALS IN THE COMMUNITY.
- PROVIDED FREE OR LOW COST RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS TO 900 YOUTH IN THE COMMUNITY.
- PROVIDED YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, YOUTH LEADERSHIP AND EMPOWERMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND CHARACHER.
- PROVIDED PROGRAMS TO 900 YOUTH IN THE COMMUNITY.